Sunday 18 August 2013

The Sunday Post #3

The Sunday Post The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. The purpose of this meme is to showcase new book acquisitions and interesting posts from the previous week. 


So what's going on at The Hottie Harem:

Changed my blog design (again) and I'm much happier with it. The red wasn't really appealing to me and this look seems much more professional.

Also made a wonderful new discovery called GIMP, an open source GNU Image Manipulation Program for creating and editing blog banners and buttons. It is easier to use that I expected (of course, I make liberal use of YouTube tutorials) and I'm having a blast with it.

I'm spreading the word for two new features here at The Hottie Harem. The first is Covers to Covet, which focuses on book covers that have caught my eye and been pinned to my Pinterest page. The second is Hunk of the Week, which highlights the hotties chosen by members of the My Book Boyfriend group on Shelfari

Here are the reviews posted at the Harem this week:

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)The Dead Room (Darby McCormick #3)

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
The Dead Room by Chris Mooney

Not to mention some other fun stuff...

Monday Musings - BBC TV's Sherlock
Top Ten Tuesday - Set in New Orleans
Hunk of the Week
Covers to Covet


And these are the books acquired this week (all Amazon Freebies):

Circle of BonesJust Evil (The Evil Trilogy, #1)The Gingerbread Man

Also won (thanks to Jill & Jillian at Busy Moms Book Reviews):

Wild Orchids


So what have you been up to this week?



11 comments:

  1. The black plaid is cute. I've tried using GIMP but I'm so bad with computer editing that I gave up, lol. I loved Paintshop/Photoshop, but it's so expensive! So I may try it out again. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had a good week! I like the blog design.

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up The Gingerbread Man, too. :) And I'm definitely going to have to check out GIMP. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to go check out your reviews for the week! They look like great books.

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love GIMP and ooh the Gingerbread Man caught my eye. Have fun tweaking the blog and playing with GIMP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I love GIMP - it's free so it's affordable unlike Photoshop... Enjoy your books and thanks for stopping by at my blog! :)

    Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally loveeee the BBC's Sherlock! So excited for season 3 too! I hate that we have to wait so long between seasons haha.
    Awesome haul, hope you enjoy books!
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of hunk of the week! :-) Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks good and I like the Hunk of the Week feature. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete