Friday 16 August 2013

Feature & Follow #2

Increase Blog Followers 

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop aimed at providing exposure for new bloggers and at expanding blog followers. The hop is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read and is a wonderful opportunity for making new friends and sharing your love for books and reading. 


This week's featured blogs are: Thoughts and Pens, and No Bent Spines

Q: Share something you've learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month

Hmm... well The Hottie Harem was rebooted in August so I learned quite a few new things such as how to change the blog's URL in Blogger and how to manipulate the HTML of a blogger template so that it looked the way I wanted.

I'm not 100% sure that the new look is working for me so there might still be changes down the road. I don't want to spend too much money on the blog as its a part time hobby but I think I'd be willing to hand over a few of my hard earned dollars for a nice looking design.

What did you learn this month?

11 comments:

  1. Good answer. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a good answer!! I know since blogger has changed a bit, I need to re learn some of the HTML stuff.. There is always maintenance to be done.

    But great job on your blog!! I am loving the Hot Series list.. See some of my favorites on it!!

    Thanks for stopping by BR..

    Shauni

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could ask Ishita from omgitsfishy to create a design for you. She did my blog and I love it! But I don't know whether she still designs blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a popular answer. I guess we have a lot yet to learn. :)

    I am a new follower, here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.fr/2013/08/feature-and-follow-21-blogging-knowledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did use a blog designer and I am so happy we did because I am so in love with the design! It reflect us perfectly!

    our FF http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.se/2013/08/follow-friday_16.html

    new follower btw! VIA GFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had previous knowledge of Html which helped me start about a month ago.. I don't know much but I can do some basics. :)

    My Feature Follow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read where a lot of bloggers have just Googled how to use html, and they have created there own blog designs. They look really good. I however could never do that, because I do not have the patience. :)
    happy Friday!
    new follower

    My Feature & Follow
    Whit@Whit's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answer!
    A friend redesigned my blog for me and I love what she did.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF
    New Follower via Bloglovin

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new layout :)! And if you're ever going to pay for a design, make sure that their layout is cleanly and properly coded :)

    Eirene @ Sleepless Nights Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's quite a few designers that do blog designing part time and they charge as little as $25 and their work isn't too bad either :)

    My Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I like your design. :) I would love to learn more about HTML so I could alter my design more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete