Monday 12 August 2013

Musing Mondays #2


Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.

• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!

• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.

• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!

• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My musing this week is ... a ramble!

sherlock season 3  Sherlock Season 3 Stories Revealed; Fall 2013 Premiere 

I'm a bit behind the times in my TV viewing (I blame it on the books) but I finally got around to watching the first couple of episodes of BBC TVs Sherlock and thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

An engaging mix of old and new, Sherlock combines familiar tropes from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's iconic stories with innovative and original elements that allow the show to merge seamlessly into the world of 21st century television viewing.

Benedict Cumberbatch does a stand up job portraying the moody, self-absorbed and socially obtuse Holmes with Martin Freeman as his intrepid and endlessly patient sidekick, Dr. John Watson. The dynamic between the duo leads to some truly excellent laugh-out-loud moments. 

The mysteries in each episode are modern adaptations of the tried and true Holmes plots with the inclusion of cutting edge forensics, mobile phones and texting instead of telegrams, websites and blogs rather than journals and letters, and nicotine patches in lieu of Holmes's ever present pipe. 

In sum, Sherlock is a fun way to spend an hour and a half in the evening and I look forward to watching more episodes. Season three is scheduled to premiere this fall.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    I also enjoy watching that show!

    Here's my Musing if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this version. Have to check my bbc America schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show. You are going to love the next few episodes :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/08/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched a few episodes from the middle, and they were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched the first two seasons and I'm very excited for the third one! :D

    ReplyDelete