Saturday 21 September 2013

Covers to Covet #6

Covers to Covet

Have you ever chosen a book based solely on its cover?

Sometimes a cover is a complete turn off but other times they make me want to rush right out and buy the book immediately!

Here are some recent additions to my Covers to Covet board on Pinterest

Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, #1)Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, #2)Dark Enchantment (Dark Magick, #3)Midnight Enchantment (Dark Magick, #4)

The Dark Magick series by Anya Bast is not new and its been a while since I read it but the covers have always appealed to me. They also reflect the content of the stories so well.


Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast
Cruel Enchantment by Anya Bast
Dark Enchantment by Anya Bast
Midnight Enchantment by Anya Bast

Between (The Between, #1)Wakeworld (The Between, #2)

The covers for Kerry Schaefer's Between series are cleverly designed with the inclusion of scales on the heroines shoulders and the incorporation of dragons in the image - noticeable but subtle.

Between by Kerry Schaefer
Wakeworld by Kerry Schaefer

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)

The much awaited cover for Patricia Briggs' latest Mercy Thompson book is also out. The covers in this series are always beautifully designed and this one is no exception. I like the way that they incorporate modern life with the natural world.

The covers pictured are my favorites in the series.

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
Night Broken by Patricia Briggs


*Links to Goodreads




7 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I usually pick up books with hot almost naked boys one them. Unfortunately, most of them end up being really cheesy.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Patricia Briggs. Anya's covers are awesome!
    ~Decadent
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mercy Thompson covers too, Lauren. I found an article about how the guy designed the most recent one and I guess I never looked too closely at the covers, but apparently, the other tattoos change from cover to cover and they all relate to that particular story. I thought that was pretty cool!
    Here's the link if you're interested:
    http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/09/cover-reveal-for-patricia-briggs-night-broken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting, Liz.
      Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out now :0)

      Delete
  4. I love the cover for Midnight Enchantment! The red hair against the blue background is just stunning. I love Mercy Thompson's covers as well, her tattoos are always really cool to look at on each book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red hair and bright glowing blue is quite a contrast, isn't it?

      Delete