Friday 22 April 2011

Deadly Lies by Cynthia Eden

Deadly LiesTitle: Deadly Lies
Author: Cynthia Eden
Series: Deadly (book #3)
Previous in series: Deadly Heat
My Rating: 4 Stars 
Warning: Contains sexually explicit scenes

My Synopsis: FBI Agent Samantha Kennedy has faced her worst fear and survived, barely. As a means of coping with her ordeal, she spends one night of passion with a perfect stranger, Max Ridgeway. However, the two soon find themselves embroiled in the deadly web of vicious kidnapper/killer, and must learn to trust each other or lose everything they have fought for.

My Review: The premise of a serial kidnapper escalating into a sadistic murderer is compelling and original. My only problem with the plot development is that if the reader is paying attention, the identity of the evil mastermind is obvious quite early on.
Max and Sam share a sizzling hot chemistry and each is engaging in their own way. Max, the seemingly perfect man, possesses many flaws but these cannot obscure the fundamental core of goodness and integrity that shine through in the darkest of moments. The combination of Sam’s resilience and vulnerability make her an incredibly appealing character.

This is an entertaining end to a highly enjoyable series.

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good series. Thanks for the review - I will try and see if I can figure out who dunnit whenever I get to this in my reading list!

    I am a new follower from Book Blogs - please take a look at my blog and follow too if you find it interesting.

    -TS
    http://tommysean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete